(The following is a copy of our ownership contract for your review. An actual hard-copy contract on our letterhead is the only contract that is considered legal and binding, and is only offered to qualified applicants through our kitten screening process)
AURYN MAINE COON CATTERY SALES CONTRACT
A CONTRACT must be signed when purchasing an AURYN Maine Coon Cattery kitten/cat. This contract is designed to protect the SELLER, the BUYER, and most importantly to protect the health and welfare of the kitten/cat being sold in this transaction. A separate contract for each kitten/cat shall be completed at the time of sale.
SELLER: AURYN MAINE COON CATTERY
P.O. BOX 1505
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84110
BUYER: ____________________________________________ (“The Buyer”)
City: ______________________ State: ____ Zip: _____
Kitten/Cat Name: ____________________________________________
Kitten/Cat Date of Birth: ____________________________________________
Microchip Number: ____________________________________________
TICA Registration Number: ____________________________________________
CFA Registration Number: ____________________________________________
Gender: ___________ Color/Pattern: ____________________________
DAM: _______________________________ SIRE: ______________________________
Kitten/Cat is being sold as: _____ PET _____SHOW _____ BREEDER
PURCHASE PRICE: $X,XXX.XX Deposit Due: $500.00
Remaining Balance Due By: ________________
- AURYN Maine Coon Cattery [“The Seller”] provides a LIMITED 5-day warranty that the above kitten/cat is in good health, and is free from upper respiratory infections, fleas and mites. The Seller also warranties that the kitten/cat is free from Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV), Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP) and the Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) at the time of purchase.
- All kittens/cats at AURYN Maine Coon Cattery have been DNA screened for hereditary and congenital defects. If the cat described above dies within one year of the date of purchase due to a congenital or hereditary defect, the Seller shall replace the cat with a cat of similar quality, or refund of all or part of the purchase price, at the discretion of the Seller. To determine if the cat’s death has been caused by a congenital or hereditary defect, the Seller must receive proof of the defect in the form of a complete autopsy (necropsy) report, completed by a licensed veterinarian and performed at the Buyer’s expense. The autopsy must be completed within fourteen (14) days of the death of the kitten/cat. The Seller shall make every attempt to replace the cat with a cat of similar color, marking, and quality.
- The Seller shall have completed all of the age-appropriate vaccinations, as determined by the Seller and their professional veterinary team. A copy of the kitten’s health record shall be given to the Buyer at the time of purchase.
- The Seller does not warranty the cat against any adverse reactions to future vaccinations.
- Any kittens/cats sold with BREEDING RIGHTS, the Buyer will agree to the BREEDING ADDENDUM of our contract along with the main sales contract. Unless the Buyer has obtained BREEDING RIGHTS from the Seller for this kitten/cat, the Seller will deliver the animal in an altered state (i.e. spayed/neutered) performed by the Seller’s veterinarian prior to transfer of ownership to the Buyer.
- The Seller does not guarantee a BREEDING kitten/cat’s ability to procreate. Kitten/cat with BREEDING RIGHTS is sold as is, however the limited health warranty still applies. In the event that the kitten/cat is physically unable to sire/bare offspring, the Seller may replace the kitten/cat with another kitten/cat of similar color/typing at the Seller’s discretion. Replacement of the kitten/cat is predicated on the return of the original kitten/cat of this signed contract. The Seller will have first right of refusal to re-home the kitten/cat at the Seller’s expense.
- The Seller does not guarantee temperament, size or color of kitten/cat as these can change as the animal matures and varies due to natural genetic development and environmental influences.
- The Seller shall provide the following upon the final payment of sale of each kitten/cat from AURYN Maine Coon Cattery:
- The completed contract of sale
- Registration Slip for transfer of ownership from TICA™ and CFA™
- Complete Health and Vaccination Records of each kitten/cat
- The Official DNA results conducted by Optimal Selection and/or University of California Davis DNA Labs (depending on who conducted the test)
- An official 4-generation pedigree of each kitten/cat
- The Seller agrees to be available to The Buyer for guidance, mentoring or any additional need that may arise regarding the health and welfare of the kitten/cat.
- AURYN Maine Coon Cattery reserves the right to refuse the sale of a kitten/cat to any person(s) for any reason, without prior notice. Any sale that is terminated by the Seller will generate a refund of any monies paid to the Seller by the Buyer within five (5) days after the cancellation of the sale. The Seller has no obligation, verbal or written, to sell a kitten/cat to the buyer at any time in the future.
- In order to validate any health warranty described in this Contract, the Buyer must take the kitten/cat to a licensed veterinarian within FIVE (5) Calendar days of the date of acquisition, at the Buyer’s expense. A copy of the veterinarian’s examination report must be emailed and/or mailed (via traceable mailer) within 30 days of the purchase of the kitten/cat in order to validate the Seller’s health warranty, however should a health issue arise prior to the 30 day deadline, the examination report is required to be sent to the Seller immediately. The Buyer must also notify the Seller of any claim under the warranty immediately. Any necessary treatment or other expenses must be authorized by the Seller prior to treatment.
- If the veterinarian finds any physical problems that make the kitten/cat a poor health risk, the veterinarian should write and sign a short note on his/her letterhead stationery, explaining his/her findings. The kitten/cat may be returned to the Seller within seven days for a full refund or exchange for a new kitten, if available. The Buyer shall be responsible for any shipping and handling costs. The Seller shall make every attempt to replace the cat with a cat of the same gender, color, and markings, of similar quality, if available.
- The Buyer agrees to provide the kitten/cat with a clean, pleasant environment, conducive to good health and with adequate space for exercise. At least one litter box shall be provided for each cat in the household and shall be cleaned daily. The kitten/cat shall be kept un-caged unless absolutely necessary for the cat’s safety or health and, only then for a short period of time (such as a cat show, natural disaster emergency, etc.).
- Your AURYN Maine Coon kitten/cat has been raised on the highest quality diet available, using the raw diet model for sustaining proper nutrition for an obligate carnivore species. The Buyer shall provide the cat with proper nutrition in the form of food that is healthful, balanced for feline diet and low in byproduct ingredients to maintain good health of the cat. Fresh water shall be provided daily.
- The Buyer shall provide the cat with proper veterinarian care and vaccines, and companionship. Any significant health conditions during the cat’s lifetime shall be reported to the Seller.
- The Buyer shall take into consideration the Maine Coon cat’s unique need for companionship and not leave the cat alone for long periods of time without companionship and care. The Buyer also acknowledges and agrees to proper grooming of the kitten/cat necessary to maintaining a healthy long-haired cat.
- The Buyer shall not let the cat roam outdoors unattended. Letting the cat roam outdoors unattended or outside a protected, enclosed outdoor area (i.e. screen-protected porch, catio, etc.) is a violation of this contract.
- The Buyer shall not declaw (phalangectomy or onychectomy) the cat. PLEASE educate yourself about this procedure by visiting http://bit.ly/declawcats. De-clawing is a violation of this contract.
- A scratching post or cardboard scratchboard, and regular claw trimming shall be provided for the cat.
- The Buyer shall not, under any circumstances, give, sell, or lease the cat to any animal shelter, research facility, laboratory, pet store, or other commercial or noncommercial enterprise. In the event that the Buyer can no longer keep the cat, the Seller shall be contacted immediately as first option to assist in the placement of the animal. Gifting OR rehoming this kitten/cat without notifying the Seller is a violation of this contract.
- If this cat is found to have been neglected by the Buyer, in ill health for an unreasonable length of time or if the Buyer does not abide by the terms of this contract, the Buyer shall surrender said cat to the Seller unconditionally.
- Any violation of this contract by the Buyer will be grounds for legal proceeding initiated by the Seller and may result in the forfeit and return of the kitten/cat, dependent on the finding of a Judge within the jurisdiction of the Seller. All legal proceedings will be subject to the laws and regulations of the State of Utah. Be advised that AURYN Maine Coon Cattery is well equipped to proceed with legal action against any Buyer who violates this contract.
PAYMENT & REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
- All kittens/cats are to be paid for in the form of U.S. Dollars only (The BUYER is responsible for all exchange rate fees). AURYN Maine Coon Cattery will accept the following forms for payment:
- Cash (Cash receipt will be recorded and issued to the Buyer). Cash payments should be made in person and should not be sent via mail and/or express delivery services;
- Zelle© Payment Transfer Systems;
- via “Friends & Family” money transfer – NO FEE
- via standard PayPal money transfer – 4% Fee WILL BE ADDED
- ApplePay© – NO FEE
- GooglePay© – NO FEE
- Facebook© Messenger Pay – NO FEE
- Credit Card payment via Stripe© – 4% Fee WILL BE ADDED
- AURYN Maine Coon Cattery DOES NOT ACCEPT any of the following forms of payment:
- Checks, including:
- Personal Checks
- Electronic Checks
- Cashier’s Checks
- Money Orders
- Traveler’s Cheques
- Bitcoin™, or any other form of electronic currency
- Western Union©, MoneyGram© or any other form of money transfer services other than those listed in section D, paragraph 1
- Wire Transfers or any other bank-initiated money transfer service that requires the disclosure of AURYN Maine Coon Cattery’s personal banking information.
- Checks, including:
- Kittens/Cats are reserved for the Buyer(s) on a “first-come/first-served” basis. ONLY potential buyers who have successfully completed the “Potential Kitten/Cat Buyers Application” will be permitted to submit a deposit to hold a kitten/cat for purchase.
- All kittens/cats require a deposit of $500.00 USD in order for the kitten/cat to be placed as “reserved” status. The remaining balance is due and payable to AURYN Maine Coon Cattery FIVE DAYS prior to the mutually agreed pickup/transport date.
- The Buyer has the right to cancel the sale of their kitten/cat and will receive a complete refund of their deposit up to 14 calendar days after initiating the payment of the deposit. At the conclusion of the 14-day grace period, if the Buyer cancels the purchase of their kitten/cat, their deposit is forfeit and no refund shall be forthcoming.
- Refund of deposit money to the Buyer shall be executed by the Seller within five (5) days following the cancellation of the Buyer’s purchase.
- Every AURYN Maine Coon kitten/cat is officially registered in the official TICA™ (The International Cat Association) registry and the official CFA™ (Cat Fanciers Association) registry. Although the Buyer has the right to select any name for their kitten/cat, all kitten/cat registrations will have the prefix name of AURYN as part of their permanent registration name. The Buyers will receive registration slips for both TICA™ and CFA™ and it is the sole responsibility of the Buyer to submit and pay the registration fees for officially recording their new Maine Coon’s registration. Due to the nature of these registry rules and regulations, only kittens can have their names altered to a permanent record; retired cats purchased by the Buyers will have the ownership rights transferred to their names via TICA™ and CFA™, however the cat’s permanent registered name cannot be altered on these registries.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND EXECUTION OF TERMS
By signing this sales contract, the Buyer acknowledges that they have fully read, accepts and agrees to abide by the terms and conditions contained herein.
The Buyer further agrees to contact the Seller immediately upon any anomaly or abnormal condition that may arise during the life of the kitten/cat to allow the Seller to record and research any and all such conditions that can help the Seller to investigate and work to improve future generations of Maine Coons in their breeding program.
This contract of sale is executed and completed this _________ day of __________________, 2020.
_____________________________________________ (“The Seller”)
Tristan Anderson, AURYN Maine Coons
_____________________________________________ (“The Buyer”)
Buyer #1’s Name Here
_____________________________________________ (“The Buyer”)
Buyer #2’s Name Here (if any)